For me, it's vital I sculpt and follow through on my own unique vision of what my life should be, and not be beholden of what some established wisdom says my life should be. Part of who I am and hope to be is defined by comparison to this mold.
To define myself I have to do something truly unique and this requires that I sometimes be immoderate.
Here are some immoderate things I hope to accomplish:
- Finish in the money at the World Series of Poker- impossible? how to know if I haven't tried?
- Retire Early- How early? While I'm still young enough to appreciate not having to work.
- Skydive- Hopefully my chute won't be full of silverware.
- Visit the Galapagos Islands- not really all that immoderate, but definitely not the height of moderation.
- Move to a Caribbean Island-or a similarly sunny island. Sunlight and warmth= happiness. Given a choice, I chose a place with a headstart on making me happy.